• The Kia World Extreme Games is one of the most prestigious multi-event, action sports competition worldwide, and will be staged in Shanghai, China for the eighth time since 2007.
• Formerly run as Kia X Games Asia, Kia World Extreme Games has been designated as one of Shanghai’s top 12 international events in 2014, together with F1 Chinese Grand Prix and Shanghai Tennis Masters. This honour brings Shanghai Tourism as our latest partner.
• Nearly 200 of the best action sport athletes from almost 30 countries and regions will compete in BMX freestyle, aggressive in-line, skateboarding, speed climbing and International Freestyle Moto X (FMX) competition.
• Action sports’ big names, include Vince Byron, Andy MacDonald, Pierre-Luc Gagnon, Mitchell Brusco, Yasutoko Brothers and Tom Schaar are confirmed to come and compete.
• Considered the pinnacle of global action sports competition, the Kia World Extreme Games in Shanghai will be televised live and delayed across the world, on FOX Sports.
• Kia Motor Corporation is the Title Sponsor of the event.
• New competitions in 2014 include Freestyle Moto X-International Ramp to Ramp Competition.
• We will also include a spectacular “Extreme Jam” on the Vert, featuring six extreme sports masters; expect a big surprise for the first ever of its kind in Asia.
• We have also added two new extreme sports shows to the main event programme, respectively Aggressive In-Line performance on Mega-mini Ramp, and Madd Gear Pro Scooter demos on the Street Course.
• Moto X competition or performance to be held twice a day, half an hour each time.
• BMX legend Mat Hoffman “The Condor” will also attend the main event.